Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 - out with the old, in with the new

NYE at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans, LA


Since we had a very, very late night we all slept in this morning.  It was 10:30 when I woke up, which is unheard of for me.  Both girls didn't get up until after noon and are very cranky today.  Our schedule is all mixed up and I foresee Monday is going to be difficult when it's back to school.  Clint cooked us a New Year's dinner of roast, cabbage rolls, and black eyed peas.  Gotta try for that promised money and luck!  I had planned to start packing up Christmas today, but I haven't gotten past moving a few knick nacks off the piano.  Maybe later I'll drag in a few totes and start to pack up.  Maybe not.  There's always tomorrow....   My Mom was one who had Christmas put away by 4pm on December 25.  I can't say I blame her! I am so ready to get my house back in order!!

One of my goals every January is to de-clutter.  I usually do pretty good for a while then all is lost.  This year though, I think I am going to make a schedule and do one room a week.  In ten weeks I should have every room done, except for Clint's office (big no-no) and the garage.  The garage is on a whole different level.  We already had a lot of stuff stored in there, then we had to empty my parents' house.  Some things I just could not part with and so many things I didn't know what to do with, so in the garage it went.  Totes and boxes and just stuff.  Maybe I can make the garage Clint's goal.  Ha Ha.

I hope to go back to the gym.  I will go back next week, but I am so limited on what I can do right now. The break has been nice and I haven't gained any weight, but I need to get back to my routine.  Gym time makes me happy, and lately... well, I need my happy place.  It's so frustrating to have the desire to do something and physically I can't.  Healthy eating also went out of the window, so I need to get back on track.  I should be hearing from my insurance company any day now about the procedure I need on my leg.  Once my leg is better I'll be able to resume normal activity.  Our Disney trip is looming also, and with the issues I have walking and standing, I can't help but worry about affecting our trip.....    Guess I'll cross that bridge when it gets here.

On this last Holdailies post, I leave you with a bang...   Here's a small peek at midnight festivities here in Bayou Blue, Louisiana.  Thanks to all who stopped by over the last 32 days!!!  I enjoyed participating this year and look forward to next!

May 2014 be your year....






post signature

1 comment:

  1. I need to de-clutter too!
    And don't worry too much about your Disney trip - just focus on the positive! Looking forward to see the pics!

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete