Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Farewell 2013... and Holidailies....

What a great New Year's Eve!

We spent the day at the Audubon Zoo with friends for the Noon Year's Eve countdown.  What fun!!   The girls had a great time, even in the cold and rain.

I can remember being very young wanting to stay awake until midnight thinking that I'd see something spectacular when the clock struck twelve.  At most, we'd hear a few firecrackers and loud noisemaker horns from the party at the KC Hall up the road.  I can remember a time when the last thing I wanted to do was stay home on New Year's Eve. My friends and I would head out of town - New Orleans or Lafayette.  Fun times!!  I felt as if I had to go out or it was the end of the world.  Oh, there were years when I did stay home and felt like I was missing out on something spectacular.  I wasn't.

Now, the last thing I want to do is be on the road.  I'd rather build a fire, roast marshmallows, and pop fireworks in my driveway with my family.  There is no where better or no one better that I'd rather ring in the new year with than my family.  That is just what was on the agenda for tonight.  We made a fire, roasted hot dogs, and marshmallows.  Then we visited with neighbors and popped fireworks for hours.  I have completely lost my voice, partially from being sick and spending all day out in the cold.  It's been a long day!!  Let's see who can last until midnight - me or the kids?!?

Tomorrow also wraps up the 2013 edition of Holidailies.  I skipped a few days, but I guess I didn't do too badly over all.   Hope some of y'all stick around for a while.

Now it's back to my regularly unscheduled postings!!

Happy 2014 y'all.




post signature