Friday, December 27, 2013

A much younger voice....

Today's Holidailies prompt is:

Step away from the traditional blog post format.  Record yourself singing a song, or reciting a poem or short story, then share it with us via YouTube or mp3.

Well this former choir girl is happy to oblige!!   Since I currently have a slight cold I won't subject you to my stuffy sounding voice of today!!  I used to record myself singing on cassettes back in the day, but that would take some serious searching to find a decent one.   I dug around on my old files and found this gem for you.  Recorded way back in 1998 or 1999, using a midi file for the piano and my PC's mic, so it isn't the 'best' quality...  but this is one of my all time favorite songs.   Oddly enough, I met my husband partially because of this song... I had it posted on my webpage and he listened to it.  Clint had a small recording studio and had offered to help me make a better quality recording.  And that is somewhat how the conversation between us started..............  

Here is my version of Sarah McLachlan's "Posession"




post signature